AP English Language
Review the Knowledge You Need to Score High
• Establish a position on the issue.
• Critically read all given texts and any introductory material provided.
• Annotate your sources using the critical reading guidelines.
• Select appropriate sources to support your position and purpose.
• Choose appropriate excerpts from each of the selected sources that can help develop the thesis.
• Summarize, paraphrase, and draw inferences from selected material.
• Make certain you properly cite each source you incorporate into the essay.
• Construct a conclusion that clearly states a strong, final point.