SAT SUBJECT TEST MATH LEVEL 2
REVIEW OF MAJOR TOPICS
Numbers and Operations
3.2 Complex Numbers
Answers and Explanations
1. (B) i29 = i1 = i.
Complex Number Arithmetic
1. (D) If you enter imaginary numbers into the calculator, it will do imaginary arithmetic without changing mode. The imaginary unit is 2nd decimal point. Enter the product, and read the solution 23 + 2i .
2. * (C) Simply enter the expression into the graphing calculator.
3. * (A) Simply enter the expression into the graphing calculator.
Graphing Complex Numbers
1. (B) z = 4 + 2i , so iz = –2 + 4i , which is point B .
2. (D) The real and imaginary parts are 2 and 1, respectively, so the modulus is .